Water saving tips

Water is an essential component for a species to survive. Almost 97% of water in the Earth surface is covered by seas and oceans which cannot be used. Remaining 3% of freshwater is stored in water bodies like rivers, ponds, lakes, reservoirs, etc., Conservation of water is vital since water is a limited natural resource. It is crucial for each and every individual to conserve water for future demands. Being known the importance of clean and safe water, it is our responsibility to save water. Here are some quick tips in which we can save water in our day-to-day life.

Tips to save water

  • First and foremost is to check faucets for any leaks.
  • Replace older equipments with new ones which is more water efficient.
  • Do not turn on taps while you are actually brushing the teeth.
  • Do not take long showers instead use adjustable flow reducers in the shower heads.
  • Install low-flush toilets so that water usage can be reduced.
  • Operate automatic dishwasher, washing machines only when with full load.
  • Fill a basin with water and wash your dishes in case you wash with hands.
  • Instead of rinsing the leftover dishes, scrap them for sometime and then rinse it off so that water wastage can be reduced.
  • Use appropriate dishes while cooking. If you cook minimum quantity of food do not use large dishes.
  • Wash fruits, vegetables in a bowl filled with water rather washing under running taps.
  • Plants and trees can be covered with a layer of mulch so that it slows down the evaporation of moisture.
  • While washing vehicles, do not run hose while soaping instead use hose while rinsing.
  • Use laundry water for gardening purposes.
  • Water your plants in the dusk so that water do not evaporate.
  • Clean your patios, sidewalks and driveways using broom and avoid using hose.
  • Collect rainwater from your lawns or terrace and adopt rainwater harvesting techniques.
  • Dispose garbage when necessary and better try composting organic wastes.
  • Drip irrigation will be ideal than canal irrigation to irrigate the crops.
  • Monitor water usage every month and avoid unnecessary wastage of water.

These are some of the ways to conserve water in our daily life. Day by day the level of water gets minimised and being polluted. To meet our future needs, we should preserve this precious natural resource. Every drop of water you save counts for a better tomorrow.

“Time to conserve water whenever and wherever possible!”

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


Powered by WhatsApp Chat