RO Water Purifiers are most effective in removing contaminants and chemicals from water. Proper maintenance and sanitization of RO systems should be done at least once a year. It’s important to sanitize the systems and maintain those with proper hygiene.
Proper sanitization helps us drink pure and healthy water. If it is not sanitized and maintained, bacteria and other contaminants gets deposited on the filters. Drinking such water might cause life – threatening disease to humans.
What are the precautions to be taken before cleaning RO systems?
- Ensure the service area should be free of any excess dirt or dust.
- Wash hands with soap and wear sanitary gloves.
How to clean RO systems effectively?
- First step is to turn off the water supply to the storage tank.
- Drain the water from the storage tank and empty the tank.
- Let the system free for some time and then remove the filter housings from the system.
- Now, remove the filters and membranes from the RO system and then replace the filter housings.
- Always prefer to use the chemicals prescribed by the manufacturer for cleaning the system.
- Pour and run the chemicals at least an hour for thorough cleaning of the system.
- And now, clean the chemicals present in the RO system using soft water.
- Then clean the filter housings with the help of soap solution and wash it thoroughly.
- Check O – rings whether it is damaged. If damaged, replace it. Otherwise, dry it up and then treat with some based lubrication and then use it.
- Also check pre-filter and carbon filters for replacement.
- Organize the filters and reattach all the connections as prior.
- You can now allow the water supply to the RO system.
- Fill the tank and empty the tank in order to clean the chemicals intensively.
- Now again fill the tank and this can be used for consumption.
These are the steps involved in cleaning the RO system. It is to be done once in 3 to 12 months. This makes the system to last longer and proper working.